Terms of Reference for Staff Teambuilding Retreat Facilitator **
1) GENERAL BACKGROUND About Investing in Children and their Societies (ICS SP). Our goal is for every child to grow up in a safe and nurturing environment so that they can reach their full potential. A goal we aim to achieve by working with parents and caregivers, by strengthening families and communities, and by strengthening and influencing governments, civil society and private sector towards better and sustainable policies, programs and practices that ensure the wellbeing of children, young people and their families. www.icsafrica-sp.org
2) AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT The aim: To facilitate team building processes that improves staff motivation and communication.
The objectives of the assignment are;
· To strengthen team spirit, trust and collaboration among staff members.
· To enhance staff morale
· To boost interpersonal communication skills (internal communications, external communications)
3) SCOPE OF WORK AND DELIVERABLES To achieve the above objectives, the consultant will prepare and facilitate a one-day team building session. The consultant will conduct both activity and skill based team sessions involving all staff (both indoor and outdoor) to promote team spirit, staff morale and communication.
The consultant will be expected to compile a team building report outlining the team building process and activities, including practical recommendations and operational tools which can be used by the team in the future.
4) DURATION AND LOCATION OF ASSIGNMENT Duration: The assignment will be undertaken on 2nd December 2021.
Duty station: The staff team building retreat will be held in Mombasa, Diani. The consultant will be expected to make travel arrangements to the venue; thus, this cost should be included separately in financial proposal.
Consultants from Mombasa are encouraged to apply.
5) QUALIFICATIONS The consultant should possess the following knowledge and skills:
· Degree preferably in Organizational Psychology/Organizational Development/Human Resource management.
· 8-10 years of relevant professional experience;
· Excellent facilitation skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
· Proven experience of organizational change management, organizational development and team building.
How to apply Interested consultants should submit their application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “**Expression of interest -** Staff Teambuilding Retreat Facilitator. The application should include; **
a) Technical Proposal
i. Clear understanding of the assignment/interpretation of the TOR.
ii. Specific experience of the Lead Consultant and Associate(s) relevant to the assignment. Please provide details of similar assignments undertaken.
iii. Technical capacity of consultants in terms of their qualifications and competencies. Please attach detailed CVs.
iv. A customized team building plan clearly articulating the objectives methodology and activities of the team building retreat
b) Financial Proposal
i. Clear breakdown of the financial proposal including the estimated total cost for this assignment (should cover professional fees, travels, accommodation, and any other costs related to the assignment and all the chargeable taxes (WHT) applicable).
ii. Terms of payment
The deadline for applications is November 24th 20**21.**
Only shortlist candidates shall be contacted**
ICS SP absolute priority is protecting children, vulnerable communities and our own staff. We have zero tolerance of incidents of violence or abuse against children and other people in the communities we serve, either committed by our staff or others connected to our work. Successful applicants will be required to sign and adhere to our safeguarding, child protection and prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) code of conduct and policies. **