Senior Coordinator Human Resources
Start Date: 1 January 2022, 40 hrs p/w. (€ 36,000 / € 39,000 gross per year on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
Position summary and job purpose
Do you have international experience as an HR-expert, and are you interested in training and development? If so, then make sure to continue reading!
We are looking for a Senior Coordinator Human Resources who will be responsible for training and development of our teams. This is a great opportunity to make direct and tangible difference to our team’s performance, wellbeing, and our culture!
The role will develop and coordinate staff development, training and wellbeing through a variety of mediums while keeping strong focus on what learners need to know and also what the organization needs to achieve.
You will independently perform the full range of activities within the function, which requires previous knowledge in the area typically obtained through formal education in combination with work experience. Manage projects and/or processes; analyze gaps/issues related to Performance Improvement and able to determine solutions by transitioning needs to Professional Development. You may manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies and processes; various functions with a high degree of autonomy.
The ideal candidate will have experience in an HR-expert role, with a deep understanding of HR processes, sound knowledge of professional development and training and have the unique ability to engage staff and communicate effectively within all levels of the organization.
Do you recognize yourself in the profile? Are you the perfect candidate for this role and are you already looking forward to joining our team? If so, we look forward to hearing from you!
You will dedicate a large portion of your time to training, development and performance activities. Any remaining time will be determined by the department needs.
• Meet with staff and their line managers to ascertain training and development needs or performance improvement through surveys, interviews with employees or consultations with line managers on an ongoing basis
• Identify gaps and recommend solutions; analyze situations accurately and take appropriate action
• Respond to inquiries to resolve training and development requests and/or performance improvement challenges, providing information and/or referring to appropriate personnel
• Research information (such as courses, materials, training consultants, and so forth) to develop new programs that meet staff needs
• Provide support to staff for identified and selected training, development and wellbeing activities
• Perform administrative tasks such as monitoring costs, scheduling classes, setting up systems, and coordinating enrollment
• Monitor and evaluate training programs effectiveness and modify as needed, whilst tracking training record
• Conduct orientation sessions to assess level of skills on HR policies and practices
• Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, talent management
• Update intranet page with HR communication, information, policies and forms.
• Other duties as requested
Key competencies / Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in HRM, business management or equivalent experience
• Minimum 3 years of experience in an HR function, preferably within an international office
• Proven track record with the focus on professional development, training or performance improvements is a plus
• Aptitude in handling sensitive and confidential personnel matter
• A team player with strong analytical skills (data-cruncher) and HR related reporting experience
• Well-organized with strong attention to detail, whilst having excellent planning and organization skills
• Comfortable to communicate with all levels in the organization.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Must be dependable, flexible, and exhibit outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written. (Dutch is a plus).
• Agile to work in a fast-paced environment while still being able to prioritize projects and manage own time
• Working knowledge of MS Office applications (Sharepoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Experience with working in an international and multi-cultural environment
• Affinity with the mission of GRI
GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) is the independent, international organization that helps organizations be transparent and take responsibility for their impacts so that together we can create a sustainable future. We do this through the creation of the global common language for organizations to report their sustainability impacts. This enables informed dialogue and decision making around those impacts.
GRI is the global standard setter for impact reporting, which through an independent, multi-stakeholder process, maintains the world’s most comprehensive set of sustainability reporting standards. Available as a free public good in 12 languages, the GRI Standards are, globally, the most widely used for sustainability reporting.
GRI plays a unique role in the global drive to create a sustainable future for all. Sustainability reporting enables transparency and helps markets function more efficiently, supporting better decisions that create sustainable benefits for everyone.
GRI works with businesses, investors, policymakers, civil society, labor organizations and other experts to develop the GRI Standards and promote their use by organizations around the world. The resulting standards help governments hold organizations accountable for their impacts and initiate dialogue to drive corporate contribution to national and international sustainable development efforts.
Today some 10,000 organizations, including 75% of the largest 250 companies in the world, disclose sustainability information through the GRI Standards – something unimaginable only 15 years ago. In addition, our standards are referenced explicitly in 160 polices of governments, regulators, and stock exchanges in 60 countries.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we have a network of seven regional hubs ensuring we can support organizations and stakeholders worldwide.