Direct Hierarchy: Country ADMIN/HR Manager
Contract duration: Six Months with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya with frequent Travel
Starting Date: January 2022
ACTED is an independent international, private, non-partisan and non-profit organization that operates according to principles of strict neutrality, political and religious impartiality, and non-discrimination.
ACTED was created in 1993 to support populations affected by the conflict in Afghanistan. Based in Paris, France, ACTED now operates in 38 countries worldwide. ACTED sectors of intervention include emergency relief, food security, health promotion, economic development, education & training, microfinance, local governance & institutional support, and cultural promotion. For more information, please visit our website at www.acted.org.
ACTED is looking for experienced self-driven and self-oriented professionals to fill the position of a Senior ADMIN/HR Officer based in Nairobi Office.
I. Main Objective
Under the direct supervision and support of the Country Admin/HR Manager, s/he will provide general Administration and HR management of the ACTED Somalia/Somaliland mission ensuring that Country employment laws and ACTED specific HR policies and procedures are always observed. S/he will assist in providing oversight and day to day supervision of the HR/ADMIN team in the country.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
· Staffing and recruitment
o Deliver recruitment needs and fill vacancies within the targeted time while ensuring that open and transparent recruitment procedures are followed as per ACTED policies.
o Plan and devise guidelines for recruiting suitable candidates for a required job description while ensuring overall supervision of open, fair, transparent and timely recruitment and selection process.
o In collaboration with the Heads of Departments, execute proper staffing plans and ensure staffing is adequately designed to ensure effective implementation of projects;
o Mediate between ACTED and the candidate and communicate organization’s policies and terms of the contract to the candidate before he is hired
o To identify redundancies and in collaboration with coordination, deal with the process effectively.
o To ensure all staff are working under a proper working agreement and that their employment terms match the Country’s Labour law and ACTED internal Manuals; in charge of updating the internal Manuals;
o Management of appraisals and disciplinary action in conjunction with the line managers at the duty stations.
· Labour laws and ACTED policies;
o Ensure that all statutory regulations are properly implemented within the ACTED mission accordingly.
o Ensure registration of ACTED offices and keep copies of registration certificates.
o In collaboration with the Country Admin/HR Manager, update policies while ensuring organization’s practices conform with the labor laws and associated country regulations.
· Payrolls/HOMERE and Information Management:
o Preparation of the monthly payrolls (HR TITANIC)/ HOMERE on a timely manner and share with CAHRM for review.
o Close review of statutory deductions calculation to ensure the payroll tool always match the relevant governing laws;
o To maintain an accurate information of all staff in the mission as well as updated database for the staff;
o In-charge of personal folders updates and the overall filling system.
o Maintain updated organograms
· Staff Medical Insurances
o Follow up and ensure renewal of staff insurances for based staff on a timely manner
· Trainings & capacity building:
o Identify needs for trainings
o Assess internal capacity of in-house training and organize training session accordingly
o To provide capacity building, technical support and supervise the Admin/HR officers;
o To ensure all staff are aware of the HR and Administration procedures; train staff accordingly;
· Employee Relations, Conflicts Resolution & Discipline
o Maintain and enhance the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices
o Be available at the disposal of the conflicting parties and hear out their issues without being judgmental
o Intervene and help map out a solution in case of dispute amongst two or more employees or between the employee and the management.
o In collaboration with the relevant line managers, deal with employee’s disciplinary matters as needed.
· External representation:
o When needed, represent ACTED in external HR forums, groups and HR workshops as required.
· Appraisal Management
· Any other duties as assigned by your line manager or Country coordination
III. Qualifications/Skills Required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource, Public Relations or related field.
· Member of IHRM
. 5 + Years of experience in HR management position preferably in an INGO with a proven track record of success
· Acquaintance with employment labour laws, various regulations and statutory law in Somalia.
· Computer Literate – MS Outlook and Excel and basic software application and familiarity with the internet and email communications
· Excellent communication skills, Strong analytical skills (context, people …)
· Competencies based interviewing experience
· Online recruitment systems experience
· Understanding of skills & Psychometric assessments (An advantage)
· Good understanding of the Somalia context is a mandatory requirement
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels,
· Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
· Capacity to build a maintain a strong professional network