ROLE PURPOSE: The Nutrition Advior is responsible for providing technical and strategic guidance and oversight to the country office (CO) program in areas of Nutrition. Under the general direction and guidance of the Director of Program Development and Quality, provides thematic Leadership and ensure all Nutrition programming is well monitored and is of excellent technical quality, attracts significant donor funding and contributes to national/global learning, advocacy and programme development. S/he is expected to lead on developing Nutrition strategy and thematic plan, aligned with country strategic plan and Nutrition Security approach; sectoral assessment; program design, proposal writing and master budgeting; support and coordinate fund raising; provide strategic and technical guidance and oversight to the PMs and field teams; assist Field Managers (FMs) in recruitment and procurement in large complex emergencies; coordinate, represent and brand Save the Children (SC) in the nutrition cluster and other relevant forums. The Nutrition Advisor is expected to play a leadership role within the nutrition response team through 360o support to colleagues and work to ensure that broader sector coordination mechanisms are functioning effectively. S/he promotes learning and accountability. In most circumstances, the post holder will be expected to mentor and/or capacity-build both international and national staff colleagues and provide technical advice and support to project staff to ensure programming objectives are successfully achieved. As part of the dual mandate, the Nutrition Advisor shall take part in emergency preparedness activities and be ready to respond in the event of an emergency, as required.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
* At least 7 years experience of working internationally in nutrition programmes in a humanitarian or development context
* Education to Masters level in Nutrition, Public Health or a related subject
* Previous experience of managing a large nutrition team of international and national staff
* Proven ability of mentoring, coaching and training on Nutrition related topics
* Experience of senior level representation
* Experience of developing and negotiating successful partnerships with institutional donors
* Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
* Excellent communication skills, Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
* Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic level.
* A high level of written and spoken English
* The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
* Language skills in Arabic
* Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts
* Experience in promoting children’s participation in programme design, implementation and evaluation.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.