Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. **
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 24 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations
As the primary focal point in his/her area of specialization, applying his expertise into field projects and providing strategical technical support to coordination and field teams in the countries in his/her region according to MSF policies, guidelines and procedures in order to support the broader operational objectives of the mission.
The CO3 mission portfolio at the moment of defining this JD is: DRC, CAR and Cameroon. The activity of this position will be in these 3 missions and any other which may be added during the period the person is developing his/her activities. The period in each mission will be defined by TELOCO depending on the needs.
· At the request of the coordination teams and based on the terms of reference established by its Logistics Coordinators, conducting assessments in the countries of his/her region. Proactively developing and proposing overall field visit schedules and suggesting any relevant changes based on operational needs
· Liaising with the Technical Advisor in HQ, contributing in defining and improving the policies related to her/his area of specialization by providing feedback based on his/her experiences. Providing recommendations for program as well as broader operational objectives, its implementation or improvement, according to MSF policies, guidelines and procedures.
· Providing technical support to the Deputy LogCo Supply/supply managers & Logistics Coordinators in her/his geographic area, when necessary, with help from the Technical Advisor located in the HQ.
· Monitoring the implementation of the ensuing technical projects related to his/her area of expertise for the countries of his/her region and conducting on at least an annual basis, an analysis of the project components related to her/his specialty.
· Developing network and knowledge of local actors in his/her geographical area, related to his/her area of expertise (institutions, training centers, suppliers etc., as relevant).
· At the request of the training managers, contributing to the definition of training content generally related to his/her area of expertise and facilitating the sessions.
· Implementing all new policies, procedures, deployment of equipment, etc. regarding his/her area of expertise in the countries of his/her region.
· Drafting visit reports and annual activity reports.
· When requested, covering gaps and participating in emergency operations in her/his geographic area.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
Assist and support actively the CO3 missions in:
· Definition and monitoring of annual planning and budgets and the Emergency Preparation Plan for logistics items, defining strategies and advising the Logistics Coordinator or Supply Chain Coordinator in the translation of the identified needs into objectives, priorities and resources needed for intervention
· Monitoring the efficient implementation of the overall supply procedures (demand planning, procurement, importations and exportations, warehousing, distribution and transversal activities) and the use of tools to support the different supply activities (regular and emergency), proposing adjustments when needed
· Ensuring the proper flow of communication within the mission (supply teams, Op, Med and support dpts) and with external stakeholders (suppliers, ESC, authorities…)
· Anticipating risks linked to the supply chain, defining action plan to mitigate those risks and implement it through a long-term strategy involving specialists (finance, legal…)
· Planning, supervising and implementing, in close coordination with the HR Coordinator, the associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, performance evaluation, detection of potential, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her functional responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and amount of knowledge required
· Other tasks
· Performing regular assessment of the supply chain (including field visit), ensuring that permanent support to the direct and indirect supply stakeholders is available and defining adjustments when necessary.
· Analyzing supply chain activities through reporting and KPI while proactively communicating and collaborating with key stakeholders and proposing corrective and preventive actions Overall responsible for the quality and accuracy of data linked to the supply chain as well as the availability and optimization of mission Supply chain guidelines and SOPs.
· When requested, covering gaps of Deputy Logco Supply/Supply manager and participating in emergency operations in her/his geographic area
· Validation of the use of the supply related third parties (suppliers, transport companies, freight forwarders,) proposed by the procurement officers, transport manager, together with the technical referents when needed
· Regular reporting
· Other tasks delegated by the Logistics Coordinator or Supply Chain Coordinator, linked to the activities of his/her job description
Education and experience
· Essential degree and Specialization on Supply Chain.
· Minimum 1-year of MSF field experience in supply chain is required.
· Significant professional experience (at least 2 years) in her/his specialty area is required.
· Fluent English and French essential.
· Strategic Vision
· Service Orientation
· People Management & Development
· Teamwork & Cooperation
· Position based between the 3 missions for OCBA in Central Africa; Bangui (CAR), Buea (Cameroon) and Bukavu (RDC).
· Salary defined by the MSF-Spain salary grid (pool UE conditions, IRP2)
· Commitment: minimum 1 year
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.