Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist position on an anticipated USAID-funded Regional Disaster Assistance Program (RDAP) in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). RDAP’s primary objective is to build disaster management and risk reduction capacity to improve the ability of host nations and regional entities to effectively respond to disasters, reducing the human consequences of disasters and the need for U.S. government assistance. In LAC, USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) office provides support to risk management programs through its regional office in San Jose, Costa Rica.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will support RDAP activities, working with program staff and partners to coordinate the systematic and standardized collection, analysis, and interpretation of the project’s performance results. S/he will lead the development of an Activity Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan (AMELP) and information systems to track delivery against program targets, outcomes, and impacts.
* Develop an AMELP that includes a theory of change and a results or logical framework. Oversee and execute M&E activities included in the Annual Work Plan and AMELP.
* Identify performance indicators to measure the results of each intervention and establish baseline measurements and targets to assess the outcome of proposed activities.
*Evaluate project results against the targets and track overall process in achieving objectives.
* Design and implement a system to identify, analyze, document, disseminate, and incorporate lessons learned into program activities, including training evaluations.
* Lead and inform approaches to assure project learning and adaptation through the design and management of a project Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation strategy.
* Bachelor’s degree in related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
* Five (5) years of relevant experience, including at least two (2) years in planning, designing, and implementing monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems for programs or activities related to capacity building, emergency management, disaster risk reduction, or training.
* Strong communication skills and the ability to work across various teams with excellent interpersonal skills to maintain strong relationships.
* Strong analytical and writing skills as demonstrated by the ability to produce high quality reports. Knowledge of statistical tools is an asset.
* Professional fluency in Spanish and English required, full fluency preferred.
How to apply To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/MESpecialist-RDAP
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and if noted above, any additional requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.