Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Marine and Coastal Management Senior Associate.
The Senior Associate will join Tetra Tech ID’s Environment & Natural Resources (ENR) Sector, and will help further grow our Marine and Coastal Management Practice area, working on strategy formulation, program implementation and new business development. This is a full-time position based in our Arlington, VA office with consideration of remote, US-based locations.
* Identify, pursue, strategize and lead growth and diversification efforts focused on marine and coastal management in developing countries
* Develop and promote best practices and new approaches that improve marine and coastal management through writing position papers, identifying prospective clients and coordinating marketing efforts
* Travel regularly to provide technical assistance to projects, and to provide management and training support to project field staff
* Represent Tetra Tech ID to clients in the US and developing countries
* Provide coverage for project management and contract oversight and management (periodically in the field), and strong financial management oversight
* Provide technical advice and solutions to proposal development and projects in other Tetra Tech ID sectors
* Minimum of Master’s degree (PhD preferred) in marine and fisheries sciences, climate change, business administration or other related fields.
* Minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience, including at least three (3) years overseas with strong client, supervisor, and peer recommendations
* Previous experience working with USAID, Bilateral or Multilateral agency experience required
* Demonstrated excellence and qualifications in marine and coastal management or related field (e.g., sustainable fisheries, biodiversity conservation, public private sector experience, community based natural resources management, sociology, human rights, resource economics, climate change adaptation, environmental compliance and management;
* Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, cross cultural teams – in the Home Office and the field – with strong written, oral, and presentation skills
* Demonstrated commitment to client satisfaction, through technical excellence of deliverables and/or managerial strengths in scope, schedule, and budget
* Functional competence in either French or Spanish
* Must be comfortable working on concurrent projects and activities with poise and professionalism
* This position requires frequent international travel (25% – 40%);
* Ability to work in the US without employer sponsorship.
How to apply To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/MCS-HomeOffice
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.