Latest NGO Job At at PACT Position of Program Assistant – Apply Now
- Job Type: Full Time
- Experience: 2 years
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit, Project Management
The Position of Program Assistant at PACT – Submit Cv
Position: Program Assistant
Open To: All qualified candidates
Opening Date: Tuesday 6th December 2022
Closing Date: Monday 19th December 2022
Duration: 9 months
Pact West Africa (Nigeria) is a Country Office of Pact, an international non-governmental and non-profit organization with its headquarters in Washington, DC. We envision a world where everyone owns their own future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
ACHIEVE is a five-year global project, which began in April 2019, and will run through April 2024.
The purpose of the ACHIEVE Nigeria project is for OVC and their households to have improved access to HIV-sensitive OVC services that support health and well-being. The primary aim of ACHIEVE Nigeria is to support local partners to lead the delivery of HIV-sensitive services for OVC and to strengthen systems that support those services. ACHIEVE is providing technical assistance and mentorship to four local partners who are prime implementers of USAID Integrated Child Health and Social Services Awards (ICHSSA) in 15 states across five geo-political zones in Nigeria. ACHIEVE’s technical assistance to the ICHSSA partners includes the areas of strengthening OVC programs, social welfare systems, and OVC management to ensure that OVC and their households have improved access to HIV-sensitive OVC services that supports their health and well-being. ACHIEVE also provides capacity development support for the partners to fulfill organizational and technical capacity needs related to their sustainability and resilience as prime implementers.
The project has two objectives:
- Develop capacity for local partners to deliver and monitor high-quality OVC services and support communities and local governments to address the needs and rights of vulnerable children;
- Strengthen the capacity of local partners to manage and implement Prime
The Program Assistant will provide programmatic, admin, HR, and operations support to the team in the implementation and documentation of program activities as well as capacity development for local partners.
- Support the development of ACHIEVE Nigeria Workplan and Budget
- Support the implementation of approved ACHIEVE Nigeria Workplan Activities and development of activity reports
- Support the development of ACHIEVE Nigeria Thought Leadership Products
- Support Capacity Development Interventions for ICHSSA partners and Government
- Led and coordinated logistics for ACHIEVE pieces of training
- Work with staff to ensure proper documentation and filing of Project materials.
- Remain informed on current programs and research in the OVC and systems strengthening field.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Monitoring and Reporting role
- Assist with the preparation and submission of timely and quality activity reports, including field notes and success stories, to effectively capture lessons learned from the projects.
- Assist with a desk review of existing assessment reports, and identify and fill information gaps.
- Contribute to the review of all partner deliverables and milestones
- Assist in the development and monitoring of annual work plans and budgets, as well as associated deliverables and results/outputs.
- Support on the development and administration of project M&E data collection tools for analysis and report.
- Ensure project progress against targets for capacity development performance indicators is regularly tracked in ACHIEVE’s centralized M&E systems (Excel, Capacity Solutions Platform, and/or DHIS2)
HR, Admin, and Operations roles:
- Set up monthly staff meetings, note-taking, and sharing of minutes.
- Share requests for timesheets, review and submit to Finance for processing
- Update tuition/leave tracker and process requests per Pacts policies.
- Share Job adverts on online platforms and share results.
- Collate and prepare payment checklists for all vendors.
- Liaise with vendors on behalf of Pact.
- Maintain inventory list and replenish items of office consumables as at when due.
- Provide Admin and Logistics support for workshops, travels, and activities
- Ensure a serene working environment
- See to staff welfare
- BA/B.Sc. in, public health, public administration, business, international development, or any other related field.
- At least 2 (2) years of work experience in HIV/AIDS, public health, OVC, or capacity development programs.
- Ability to work with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Experience in OVC case management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, or similar software.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to track multiple activities and deadlines.
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams.
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume/CV and cover letter on their suitability to: email@example.com The deadline for submission is the close of business on Monday 19th December 2022, however, applications will be considered on a rolling basis. All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail. Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile