Position of Solar Energy Engineer at Eclat Human Resources Consulting Limited
Job Title: Solar Energy Engineer
Job Type: Part Time
Job Location: Abuja FCT
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Work experience: 2 years
Language skills: English
Contract Type: Part-time
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Technology in Renewable Energy or equivalent or Higher National Diploma with adequate experience in Renewable Energy/Solar systems
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Solar Engineer or any related position.
- Experience in assessing the potential for developing renewable energy and energy efficiency Projects.
- Ability to design all aspects of electrical engineering for a portfolio of 5KVA systems for home use to over 20 MW of renewable energy projects including commercial and utility-scale plants.
- Knowledge of Quick Books to estimate renewable energy projects and MS Visio to draw one-line and three-line Power System diagrams.
- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to the job.
- Able to create checklists for review or inspection of completed solar installation projects – Inspect finished products to locate flaws.
- Able to test or evaluate photovoltaic (PV) cells or modules
- Ability to communicate effectively with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates, and the organization’s external stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Capable of developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- Able to provide guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems-, or process-related topics.
The ideal candidate will (but is not limited to):
- Create plans for solar energy system development, deployment, monitoring, and evaluation activities. – Prepare detailed work plans.
- Conduct engineering site audits to collect structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design of residential or commercial solar power systems – Collect data about project sites.
- Design or coordinate the design of photovoltaic (PV) or solar thermal systems, including system components, for residential and commercial buildings – Design alternative energy systems.
- Create electrical single-line diagrams, panel schedules, or connection diagrams for solar electric systems, using computer-aided design (CAD) software – Create graphical representations of energy production systems.
- Review specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes to achieve solar design objectives, especially for new projects – Evaluate plans or specifications to determine technological or environmental implications.
- Recommend technical design or process changes to improve efficiency, quality, or performance.
- Develop design specifications and functional requirements for residential, commercial, or industrial solar energy systems or components – Determine design criteria or specifications.
- Provide technical direction or support to installation teams during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring – Provide technical guidance to other personnel.
- Assess various OEMs and develop procurement plans for all solar systems required to meet installation designs from suppliers across the globe
- Develop standard operation procedures and quality or safety standards for solar installation work – Determine operational methods.
- Perform computer simulation of solar photovoltaic (PV) generation system performance or energy production to optimize efficiency – Create models of engineering designs or methods.