Position of Program Assistant Available at Heartland Alliance
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA / BSc / HND
- Experience: 2 – 3 years
- Location: Yobe
- Job Field: NGO / Non-Profit, Project Management
Under the supervision of the Regional Manager, the incumbent will support the project management and implementation in the state. He/she will be responsible for the development of work plans and budgets, proper documentation, engagement of stakeholders, and monitoring and evaluation of programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Regional Manager with ensuring compliance with national guidelines for basic Minimum Prevention Package Intervention (MPPI).
- Assist with the integration of HIV Sexual Prevention services into existing services provided by HALG to key populations.
- Assist with implementing, monitoring, and evaluating programs aimed at HIV Sexual Transmission Prevention (HIV STP).
- Assist with designing and implementing approaches in comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment for Key Populations.
- Support capacity building of Community-Based Organisations (CBOs) with respect to HIV Sexual Transmission Prevention (HIV STP) programs.
- Assist with documenting and reporting GBV and human rights violations in the zone.
- Assist the Regional Manager with the preparation of periodic project work plans and budgets in conjunction with other staff at the State to ensure the appropriate utilization of project resources.
- Ensure timely implementation and completion of program activities in line with budget, scope, and budget requirements.
- Support field implementation and ensure demand creation and access to services of community members at the community center.
- Support the clinical staff in ensuring the retention of clients at the One-Stop-Shop (OSS).
- Accompany other program and M&E staff for site visits to ensure program implementation and compliance at the zonal level.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- A degree in a related field.
- At least 2 years post-NYSC experience in health care programs or program support functions.
- Experience in HIV/AIDS program implementation.
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills including the ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make reasoned judgments in a timely fashion.
- Experience in dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Demonstrated commitment to gender-responsive programming.
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects the cultural environment in which the person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Does not discriminate against persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs, or behavioral habits.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, and PowerPoint.
- Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
- The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited resource environments.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.
click here to Apply Now