Position of Procurement Supervisor at APM Terminals
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Procurement Supervisor
- Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Job Field: Supervisor
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Requisition ID: R51824
- We offer you exciting career opportunities with an international reach to further expand your experience through our diversity-focused and award-winning talent development initiatives.
- Energizing and pioneering, this is also an environment that keeps you motivated. You’ll be joining a values-led, genuinely diverse, and talented team that is passionate about being there for employees, and for each other. We strive to deliver the right environment for the right people while fostering a culture of fairness, mutual respect, responsibility, and care for our business and our customers.
- We have a competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees. Our talent policies are recognized worldwide as one of the best in the industry and we continue to look for new ways to invest in our people through ongoing personal and professional development initiatives.
- We value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job. We’re proud of that and we see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.
- The West Africa Container Terminal (WACT), part of the A.P. Moller-Maersk (APMM) Group, is located in Onne port, in the Onne Oil and Gas Free Zone. In addition to excellent hinterland connections to the rest of Nigeria, the Terminal offers excellent customer service, trained operators, modern handling equipment, and superior e-commerce capabilities. Our vision is to make WACT the best-performing terminal in west Africa by providing safe, reliable, and cost-effective services to our customers.
- In WACT, the Procurement Supervisor will work closely with all departments, and key stakeholders and will be responsible for developing the right sourcing strategies and supporting existing ones, coordinating with Suppliers, negotiating, and drafting contracts, analyzing costs, managing logistics, and finding the best way to reduce procurement costs.
- The role of a Procurement Supervisor is one that requires constant attention to detail and an eye for quality. You will be saddled with the below-stated responsibilities and more if the need arises.
- Sourcing, Supplier qualification, negotiations, electronic auctions, spend & pipeline management, and contract compliance monitoring.
- Executes sourcing in line with Maersk 6-sourcing steps
- Work with relevant users and teams in performing objective supplier qualification with an emphasis on Sustainable procurement
- Carryout negotiations using established e-tools and platforms, guided by Nigeria Procurement operating procedure and protecting the ethics of our e-Procurement platforms
- Drive spending and pipeline management in line with APMM e-platforms and reporting guidelines.
- Lead contract compliance monitoring and management efforts with user departments tracked via daily management
- Effectively identify contracting opportunities to improve the hands-free performance of the terminal, locking prices to keep inflation out and pegging price adjustments to approved, relevant government indexes.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure Contracts are drafted in line with the existing guidelines and operating procedures to ensure full cover for WACT and meeting regulatory requirements.
- Review bids to ensure they meet all legal requirements, including being within budget.
- Support in the monitoring of the progress of sourcing projects by communicating updates with relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise with the Procurement Manager and relevant stakeholders in ensuring the qualification and registration of suppliers as may be needed from time to time.
- Coordinate with the WACT Procurement Hub team in executing the requisition-to-pay (RTP) processes while effectively seeking out practices that best support the business.
- Coordinate with Stores/Warehouse team in understanding order-point-planning and MRPs, to ensure capturing of accurate lead-time, as well as communicating in clear terms, any bottlenecks and challenges with APMM GFA (Global Framework Agreement) Suppliers so they are timely addressed.
- Set up or support any existing standard work to create more visibility for the Procurement manager, identify any urgent transactions, to support users in delivering their functional obligations.
- Collaborate with accounts payable (AP) teams in establishing and/or improving existing standard work leading to a healthy and effective AP process that ensures strong DPOs, keeping with our commitments to Suppliers, thereby enhancing Supplier relationships and protecting the reputation of APMM.
- Ensure internal controls and standard practices are in place and followed, including being fully appraised on Maersk Procurement standards and handbook, Nigeria Procurement SOP, and Finance Control Manual, among others.
- Drive periodic supplier performance management exercises to ensure the quality of products or services and ensure improvement plans from Suppliers where performance falls below expectations.
- Fully align and be guided by the Company’s way of working, applying lean principles and methodologies in the elimination of wastes in systems and processes.
- Constantly seek out best practices with APMM and the industry and seek adoption in the entity.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant course
- +5 years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, or Strategic Sourcing
- Desirable to have at least one of the certifications – PMP, CIPS or CSCP
- Knowledge of procurement strategies and tactics
- Proven Knowledge of International commercial terms (INCO Terms) for use in international transactions
- Must have experience handling large-sized budgets and purchases (OPEX & CAPEX)
- ERP experience is a must-have
- Previous experience in Project Management
- Analytical and negotiation skills
- Good communication skills
- Time management skills, able to juggle between tasks and apply judgment in prioritising tasks
- Apt decision-making skills
- Good industry experience is an added advantage
- Effective stakeholder management
- A good Team player
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse and fast-paced environment.
Application Closing Date