Position of Head / Sous Chefs at Catering and Confectionery Company – Submit Cv
Head / Sous Chefs
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: Not Specified
- Experience: 5 years
- Location: Kwara
- Job Field: Catering / Confectionery
OUR COMPANY GREAT TASTE FOODS IS RECRUITING HEAD /SOUS CHEFS FOR ITS EATERIES IN ABUJA AND ILORIN, KWARA STATE WITH THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Our client urgently requires the services of a Head Chef and some Chefs who have expertise in the preparation of a variety of continental and Local Nigerian dishes. Three different local cooks are also required with each one of them possessing exceptional skills in the preparation of assorted local delicacies of one or more major ethnic/geo-political zones in Nigeria (Hausa/Northern, Yoruba/western, and Eastern/Niger Delta).
- Candidate must have successfully worked in a similar position in well-known restaurants/eateries in the above-named locations or similar eateries in a different location.
- He must presently reside or have accommodation in the preferred location.
- Candidates must be less than 50 years of age.
Candidate must have the skills of a Grill Man (Chef) as follows:
- Should be able to make numerous grills and other small chops, Shawarma, barbecue chicken, fish, chips, asun, smoothie e.t.c
- Should be able to take inventory and balance daily sales
The Head Chef will oversee the Pastry Chef and must therefore possess the core skills of the Pastry Chef which are as follows:
As a Pastry Chef, you are responsible for operating the pastry section of the kitchen while working closely with the Head Chef and Sous Chef. A Pastry Chef will also be required to plan production and develop seasonal offerings.
Responsible to create high-quality pastry dishes with standard recipes and presentations in order to maintain quality standards and consistency of product. Also, assist in the production and maintenance of par stocks of pastry and dessert with proper rotation of products and maintain the highest cleanliness and hygiene standards in the pastry and bakery section.
Other Duties and Responsibilities of Pastry Chef:
- Manages all day-to-day operations of the pastry and bakery section of the kitchen.
- Prepare a wide variety of products such as cakes, cookies, pies, pizza, sausages, doughnuts, and bread, etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
- Able to produce all baked goods including but not limited to artisan loaves of bread and rolls, muffins, laminated Danish, laminated croissants and doughnuts, etc.
- Able to develop, design, or creates new ideas and items for Pastry Kitchen.
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew the eatery’s menu and engage the interest of customers
- Ensure excellent quality throughout the dessert offerings.
- Follows proper handling and the right temperature of all food products.
- Decorate pastries and desserts using different types of icings, toppings, etc., and ensure the food presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
- Coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Supervise and coordinate all pastry and dessert preparation and presentation.
- Good knowledge of different types of pastry, dessert, and cake decorating.
- Possess professional disposition with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons, and evenings.
- Positive attitude and Good communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com using the position as the subject of the email.