Human Resource Hr Officer Jobs in Nigeria at Tongston Entrepreneurship Group
Tongston is the leading multi-award-winning group with a presence in Abuja, London, Singapore & NY that transforms people, organizations & governments into valuable, profitable & influential entities through entrepreneurial education, enterprise, finance, and media. We do this through our 5 integrated businesses: Tongston Holdings | Tongston College | Tongston Institute | Tongston Ventures | Tongston Media. We have worked with hundreds of clients, and partner with leading organizations. Tongston is a frequently profiled multi-award-winning global education, media, finance, and enterprise/business brand.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Human Resources (HR) Officer
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: Human Resources (HR) Officer
- Job Type: Full Time
- Experience: 3 – 5 years
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, update and implement Tongston’s recruitment policy and strategy
- Implement and continuously refine the recruitment process: establish recruitment timetable; draft and/or update job descriptions; post job ads on appropriate platforms; establish relationships with recruitment platforms/recruiters/organizations to source talent; support team members on candidate selection and onboarding;
- Source, screen, and conduct assessment center; conduct reference, pre-employment, medical and background checks; draft contracts & manage to contract; develop onboarding plans; manage and conduct onboarding & induction including liaison with relevant departments to provide all necessary tools and resources; conduct and analyze exit interviews.
- Performance Appraisal: Define operational KPIs for all roles; Design and implement performance management systems; Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employees’ work output; schedule management conferences with employees
- Coach and discipline employees; Handle formal grievance and disciplinary processes and appeals; hear and resolve employee grievances; counsel employees and supervisors; manage staff welfare
- Employee Compensation and Incentives: Maintain employee incentive program and inform employees; recommend, manage and implement employee incentives including appropriate pay scales; process incentive claims; manage staff pension, etc.; Serve as employee liaison to assist in problem resolution with issues related to benefit deductions and pay
- Employee Survey: Deliver and report on the annual employee engagement survey to ensure feedback from employees is collated and interpreted correctly to help improve employee engagement
- Learning & Development/Competency Matrix: Develop a competency matrix by consulting with team leads to manage a training plan that details required training and ensure outcomes are appropriately measured and reported on; maintain and implement the Tongston Academy learning and development calendar
- Succession planning: Develop a succession planning framework; incorporate it into the departmental plans and ensure learning and development are aligned to support the plan
- Employee Welfare: Plan corporate events and other team-building activities e.g. retreats; staff send forth etc.; Oversee the health and safety of all employees; Answer employee questions and address employee concerns with the company.
HR Product Development:
- Execute and support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems; Assist in managing various HR projects in line with the company strategy and objectives
- Manage employee records and conduct analytics & report on data; develop and implement policies on issues such as working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures, and absence management.
Budget Development & Control:
- Develop HR budget in line with the company’s objectives. Liaise with the finance department to ensure control of all cost items and expenditures within the agreed budget.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; represent the organization in legal proceedings; Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establish personal networks; participate in professional societies.
HR and Admin Initiatives:
- Assist and advise Company managers/directors on HR and Admin policy, practice, procedure, and issues; Support investee companies and partners with admin and HR services; Advise management on matters including pay negotiations, disciplinary and grievance procedures, redundancy programs, equal opportunities policy and employment law
Education & Experience
- A University Degree in English, Business Administration, Marketing and Sales, Accounting, Business Management or a related field of study.
- Up to 3 – 5 years experience (full-time, part-time or volunteer) in an HR role.
- HR Credentials (e.g. CIPM) will be a plus.
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development, etc.).
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations is preferred.
- General knowledge of employment laws and best practices.
- Prior or current experience running a business is a plus, with some experience in recruiting and managing talent/employees.
- A strong sales, communication, and/or business development background is required, with at least 2-3 years prior experience preferred.
Skills & Competence:
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, planning, and time management skills as well as the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Advanced communication and business writing skills, including the ability to interface directly and effectively with senior government officials and management of private/non-profit institutions.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in cloud software applications (Skydrive, DropBox, Google Docs, Outlook).
- Knowledge of HR Management Systems is a plus.
- Excellent employee coaching and relationship management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines regularly.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Integrity, confidentiality, discretion, and approachability, as managers and staff must feel able to discuss sensitive and confidential issues with you.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and explain employment law.
- Influencing and negotiating skills to implement personnel policies.
- Curiosity and a willingness to challenge organizational culture where necessary.
- Creativity, Innovation, and Problem-Solving skills.
Application Closing Date
20th February 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to: