Human Resource and Admin Officer at Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa a Nigeria (EYN PROJECT)
- Job Title: Human Resource and Admin Officer
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND, MBA/MSc/MA, Others
- Experience: 2 years
- Location: Borno
- Job Field: Human Resources / HR
ABOUT THE JOB
Under the program manager’s supervision, the HR/Admin Officer is responsible for the effective and consistent coordination and implementation of HR processes, functions & procedures, monitors HR projects and workflow, and oversees all aspects of Human Resources practices and processes and general office operations. On a regular and continuous basis, he/she will exercise administrative judgment on determining departmental operation goals, standards, policies, and procedures. He/she will support the organization’s needs and ensure the proper implementation of organizational strategy and objectives.
The HR/Admin is to promote corporate values and permit organizational success through human resources management, including staff appraisal, training, capacity development, employment cycle management, and support in the handling of recruitment of personnel. She/he should be analytical, knowledgeable, and organized with a proactive attitude and strong leadership skills.
The HR/Admin Officer will be responsible for the following, including those not listed but are extensions of those expressly stated:
- Administer various human resources and administrative plans and procedures for all organization operations and personnel; assist in developing and implementing organization/personnel policies and procedures.
- Supervised of daily activities of the administrative staff.
- Ensuring all offices are stocked with necessary supplies and all equipment is working and properly maintained.
- Facilitate the planning, scheduling, and promotion of office events, including meetings, conferences, interviews, orientations, and training sessions.
- Ensure the Collection, organization, and storing of information using computers and filing systems
- Assists in the creation of corrective action memos and other paperwork; participates in or leads corrective action sessions as necessary; and carries out required follow-up.
- Handles the recruitment processes of the organization, assists hiring managers with the shortlisting of applicants, and ensures all processes are carried out in line with the organization’s policies and procedures
- Monitors performance evaluation process
- Meeting with coordinators to discuss needs.
- Maintains all essential applicant and interview data in Human Resources.
- Supporting in handling monthly payroll and yearly forms for employees.
- Ensure the preparation and submission of all relevant Human Resource letters/documents/certificates/ attendance of EYN as per the requirement in consultation with the management
- Ensure that all employee inquiries & grievances are satisfactorily attended to
- EYN Partners with hiring managers to plan, analyze, and develop staffing needs and determine the organizational structure
- Ensure that new hires/employees are orientated, apprise employees of benefit options, and accurately complete required paperwork for new staff members
- Ensure that employees are properly counseled regarding human resources policies, procedures, and practices
- When directed, conducts special human resources studies in various areas such as pay practices, turnover, climate surveys, etc.
- Identify employees’ needs regarding performance problems, training options, and career development and makes recommendations accordingly.
- Provides input to managers about potential enhancements to current personnel practices; assists in the evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department with established goals; recommend new approaches for the organization’s human resources improvement.
- Maintain all personnel files.
- Competence in applying humanitarian principles and understanding humanitarian action:
- Ensure that all program objectives and actions are carried out in accordance with the major international and national humanitarian standards, guidelines, and commitments. In addition, programs are being implemented in accordance with integrated beneficiary accountability standards.
Achieving results effectively:
- Absolute transparency and accountability of resources in accordance with internal controls.
- Addressing challenging situations and making good decisions requires confidence and calm.
- Consider the long-term and short-term implications of decisions to be made.
- Provide feedback and updates to achieve better results.
- Documenting lessons learned and applying them to future projects
Maintaining and developing collaborative relationships:
- Share with stakeholders the project outcomes and listen to their different ideas and experiences.
- Promote good practice and work with networks on issues related to the program.
- Build clear communication and dialogue with people who are affected by disasters and conflicts, as well as with other stakeholders.
Operating safely and securely:
- Determine risks and threats to the project team and the agency, communicate them, and reduce their impact.
- Make sure DO NO HARM is put into practice to minimize hazards to partners and communities.
- Following safety and security procedures to diminish the risk to oneself, and the project team.
Working/Supervision in an environment of implementation:
- Assist team members in prioritizing workload as well as promoting appropriate self-care and good stress management practices among the team.
- Remain effective and retain perspective in the face of difficult or demanding situations.
- Demonstrate integrity in the discharge of one’s responsibilities.
- Exhibit ethical and professional behavior in accordance with applicable codes of conduct.
- Plan, prioritize, and perform tasks well under pressure; and demonstrate accountability by accepting responsibility for individual actions and their impact.
Leadership: Action; Thinking; Self; Inspiring; Developing Others:
- Excellent managerial courage, including the ability to confront difficult situations and seek resolution, as well as expressing a willingness to champion ideas.
- Demonstrate the ability to gain trust by actively listening to others’ perspectives, valuing their contributions, and encouraging an open-door approach for others to comfortably share honest thoughts and feelings.
- Ensure staff take responsibility for their own development and actively seek feedback to better understand their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Effectively influencing others by understanding their interests and demonstrating how they will be met by their own preferred solution.
- Give constructive feedback to enhance the capabilities and responsibilities of another for the purpose of his/her development.
Bachelor’s degree or HND in human resources, business administration, public administration, law, or any related field with at least 2-year experience in HR/Admin-related activities.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- The ability to multitask.
- Effective communication skills in English and Hausa
- Excellent knowledge of Nigerian humanitarian aid and development context
- Excellent reporting skills
- Computer proficiency (word, excel, and internet)
- Good analytical skills, at ease with figures and data.
- Adaptability and flexibility – willing to work on a variety of projects and perform in multiple roles
- Demonstrate ability to work with different communities, leaders, and staff.
- A good sense of judgment and a high degree of professionalism is required.
- Knowledge of conflict resolution and negotiations
January 16, 2023.
Method of Application
CV and cover letter should be uploaded in a single word document with the Applicant’s name/ application title as the subject of the mail sent to email@example.com Applicants must also complete the application form by clicking the Apply Button
EYN Projects only accepts applications with a cover letter.
NOTE: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
EYN Projects does not ask for any form of payment/compensation at any stage of the recruitment
Interested and qualified? Go to Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa a Nigeria (EYN PROJECT) on forms.gle to apply
or Click on the Apply Button below