Position of Team Lead, Application Development at First Bank Available
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 5 years
- Location: Lagos State
- Job Field: ICT / Computer
- To create a detailed IT solution/service design, based on the functional specifications, to meet quality & performance requirements & technical constraints.
- To define what is the service effect, how will it be delivered and how will it be consumed by users.
- To build, configure and/or customize the technical solution, based on the functional and technical specifications, to meet quality & performance requirements
Duties & Responsibilities
- Guide team development efforts toward successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts, and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain w business applications
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements, and development of user stories, estimates, and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals, and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer reviews of solution designs and related code
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Work with teammates in the migration of legacy applications to current technologies.
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on time and on budget. Provide third-level support to business users
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back end
- Provides level 3 support for production applications.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Information entrusted while delivering projects.
- Comply with the principles and policies in the Information Security Handbook.
- Performs other functions as may be required for the business to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Minimum of a First Degree or its equivalent in Computing or related disciplines.
- A Master’s, MBA, or a recognized professional certification will be an added advantage.
- 5+ years experience as a Software Developer.
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position.
- Attention to detail and can-do attitude.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Structured and methodical approach to problem-solving.
- Self-motivated, a team player, and exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrate analytical, interpretative, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Key Competency Requirements:
- Proficient in .NET framework and .Net core using C#
- Analyzing customer requirements.
- Ability to understand client requirements as well as underlying infrastructure applications, systems, and processes.
- Ability to oversee development efforts.
- Strong capability in juggling priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistently high-quality outcomes.
- Software architecture design, together with the architecture team.
- Technical knowledge of MS Project Server, Report Builder, and SharePoint
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Creating technical specifications, writing program code, and documenting
- Testing the products in controlled situations before going live.
- Maintaining the systems once they are up and running.
- Preparation of training manuals (user guides) for users.
- Experience with systems management tools such as Nagios, Grafana, Prometheus, and Rundeck is a plus.
- Experience working in infrastructure is a plus.
- Experience in Automation, and Orchestration to drive efficiencies within IT operations is a plus.
- Understanding of modern IT and DevOps DCs and cloud operations is a plus.
- Operational background (ITIL processes, network operations, and support).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to First Bank on hdbc.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com to apply