Finance Officer at a Leading Power Generation Company
- Job Title: Finance Officer
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 3 years
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit
- Salary Range: ₦300,000 – ₦400,000/month
A leading Power Generation Company in the Nigerian Energy market with a specialty focus on outsourced, captive, and embedded generation (with capacities extendable to grid-based power). Functioning with diverse technologies (gas, diesel, and solar), the Company provides a suite of services, including but not limited to power rental and energy sale; engineering procurement and construction (EPC) of power stations; and operation & maintenance (O&M) activity deployed on a round-the-clock basis.
Responsible for the Company’s invoicing and account receivables, project financial performance reporting, pricing, and other associated functions. The Candidate will also be responsible for effective budgeting and statutory compliance. The goal is to enable the head of the department to make a sound business decision that ensures the company’s objectives are met.
Job Title – Finance Officer
Reporting Line – Head of Finance
Location – Abuja, Nigeria.
- Preparation of error-free invoices for all clients, tracking payments, and reconciling clients’ ledger
- Providing projects’ revenue/cost variance analysis
- Budget design, preparation, and monitoring of performance
- Providing inputs for project pricing
- Preparation of management accounts and reports
- Supervising bank and other subsidiary ledgers’ reconciliation
- Reviewing and posting transaction batches
- Filing and liaising with regulatory bodies for compliance certificates
- Managing inventory of spare parts using Sage Add-on Module for all warehouses and Sites
- Ability to handle statutory compliance, manage subsidiaries and control accounts, and reconcile all accounts to enable timely readiness of final accounts.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other analytical tools.
- Hands-on knowledge of Accounting Software
- Decision-making skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent professional skills
- Interpersonal skills
- A first degree in Accounting/Finance is preferred
- A master’s Degree and any other certifications shall be an added advantage
- Membership in Accounting Bodies like ICAN, ACCA, and ANAN will be an added advantage
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience – Minimum of 3 years experience in Finance/Accounting.
Note: The interview will be in Abuja