Position of Facility Operations & Maintenance Officer at Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group)
Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group) is a leading financial market infrastructure provider in Africa, connecting Nigeria, Africa, and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Facility Operations & Maintenance Officer
- Job Type: Full Time
- Experience: 3 – 5 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Engineering / Maintenance Officer
- He/She will be charged with delivering services that meet business requirements, adhere to NGX’s policies and procedures as well as ensure compliance with Health and Safety standards.
- The successful candidate will also be required to secure uninterrupted provision of facilities in the NGX Group, and have a comprehensive knowledge and expertise of building systems.
- Facility Operations & Maintenance Officer will report to the CEO of Real Estate Limited.
- Supervise repairs and maintenance of fixed assets.
- Supervise commercial property development.
- Manage electricity bills and diesel supply, as well as purchases and maintenance.
- Provide prompt recoveries of all debts and refunds on diesel and electricity payments from all tenants (NGX group entities and others).
- Provide support on all Projects of the Real Estate Company.
- Ensure adequate documentation of all transactions.
- Adhere to appropriate Asset Management programs, maintain and improve the value of NGX’s Real Estate Limited assets as well as provide a safe, reliable and cost-effective work environment.
- Maintain compliance with comprehensive preventative maintenance protocols for all machinery, equipment, sanitary systems, and civil works.
- Keep accurate accounting records of the RELCO business transactions.
- Supervise contractors, legal contracts, and performance, and process invoice payments in compliance with agreed schedules.
- Adhere to Health and Safety regulations, local authority requirements, and accepted codes of practice.
- Maintain positive and regular liaison with local authorities.
- Ensure facilities are always clean and supervise the outsourced facilities company (AMF) sanitation attendants.
- Manage work schedules and roaster of all sanitation attendants.
- Ensure prompt settlement of vendors’/contractors’ payments in line with the terms of the contract.
- Maintain the building energy-saving plan and conservation activities.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Ag. CEO
Person Specification & Required Qualification(s)
- B.Sc./HND degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a similar field.
- Professional certification(s), in related areas, will be an added advantage.
- Must have 3-5 years cognate experience in Facility Management or related fields;
- Broad knowledge and understanding of real estate disciplines (architecture, construction, space planning and engineering, surveying, etc.).
- Comprehensive knowledge of and understanding of Finance and Accounting principles
- Understanding of Project management and quality control concepts & techniques
- Strategic planning, negotiation, and communication skills
- Practical experience in process improvement, life-long learning outlook, creative problem-solving skills; a sense of urgency, good prioritization and people skills as well as business acumen.
- Strong working knowledge of HVAC (heating, ventilating, and air conditioning) systems.
Application Closing Date
Method Of Application
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an updated Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “NGX RELCO Recruitment- Facility Operations & Maintenance Officer”.