Position of Eatery / Restaurant / Bakery Manager Needed at a Restaurant and Catering Company
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience5 – 7 years
- Location: Kwara
- Job Field: Catering / Confectionery
OUR COMPANY GREAT TASTE FOODS GROUP, THE OWNERS OF GREAT TASTE BAKERY AND FOODIES EATERY ARE DESIROUS OF EMPLOYING EATERY/RESTAURANT/BAKERY MANAGERS IN NUMEROUS OUTLETS IN ABUJA AND ILORIN, KWARA STATE WITH THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Job Description / Requirements
A fast food restaurant manager is essentially an operation, commercial, sales, and business development manager, with ultimate responsibility for safeguarding the operational and financial success of the restaurant and maintaining the reputation of the company.
As the Restaurant Manager, you will work alongside a small team to oversee the overarching aspects of the restaurant, which include planning, preparing, and making available a variety of quality and cost-effective delicacies, attending to customers professionally, ensuring corporate goals are met, guaranteeing a hygienic environment by ensuring the constant cleaning of all areas, including the dining area and restrooms, ensuring smooth operation of activities in the eatery and maintaining relationships with customers.
- Partakes in the recruitment of new staff and training and developing existing staff.
- Motivating and encouraging staff to achieve targets and coordinating staff scheduling and shifts.
- Working to ensure standards of hygiene are maintained and that the restaurant complies with health and safety regulations.
- Ensuring high standards of customer service are maintained by preparing reports and other performance analysis documentation
- Reporting to and attending regular meetings with management or head office representatives
- Organizing stock and equipment.
- Ordering supplies and overseeing stock utilization.
- Overseeing building maintenance, cleanliness, and security.
- Plan and direct all restaurant operations.
- Maintain high standards of food, service, health, and safety.
- Ensure the efficient and profitable business performance of the restaurant and the optimal utilization of staff and resources.
- Achieving the restaurant’s daily operational objectives. Ensuring a safe, secure, and healthy environment is maintained by following and enforcing sanitation standards.
- Ensuring maintenance of restaurant ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, monitoring food presentation, and customer service.
- Overseeing all aspects of management including the sales of food and delivery to customers
- Ensuring effective communication of instructions to workers.
- Overseeing the sales of food, handling of the cash register, packaging of takeaway for delivery, POS machines, resolving customer complaints, etc.
- Ensuring employees give excellent service to customers.
- Ensuring prompt daily opening and closing of the restaurant.
- Computing daily expenses and daily turnover.
- Maintaining a detailed record of vendor supplies, stocks, and inventories.
- Notifying the appropriate vendors about low stock and restocking orders.
- General supervision and enforcement of employees’ duties and responsibilities
- In Charge of the complete and total operation of the catering service which involves managing the catering service during events and dealing with necessary preparation before and after the event.
- Managing events booking and communicating with clients before and after events.
- Collating a list of requirements, resources, equipment, and manpower required for the execution of events.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years of experience
- Tertiary qualification or more preferred
- Previous experience in food and beverage management
- In-depth working knowledge of non-alcoholic beverages
- In-depth working knowledge of food preparation and presentation
- Experience in staff management and development
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices
- Experience in analyzing financial data
- Knowledge of planning and forecasting
- Track record of managing inventory and cost control
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
- Able to use relevant computer applications
- Ensure that Health & Safety and Food Safety working practices are adhered to at all times
- Financial planning
- Develop budget plans and tactics to achieve targets.
- Keep regular contact with customers to obtain feedback on service, food quality, and staff friendliness using customer comment cards.
- Respond to written customer complaints on a weekly basis.
- Conduct management meetings.
- Communicate and implement marketing and sales promotions.
- Manage the implementation of sales-building programs
- Ensure outstanding customer service is delivered every time.
Our Outlet Managers also work as Bakery Managers hence they must possess the following skills:
As the Bakery Manager, your primary responsibility will be to lead, direct and oversee the Bakery administration, operations, sales, and marketing activities and ensure that all targets are met and exceeded towards the realization of the vision of the company. He is to ensure that all company resources are constantly on track and that the Bakery is running profitably.
- Having a Good understanding and knowledge of all bread and other pastry production industry processes and best practices.
- Prepare strategic and operational plans for the bakery to ensure that all necessary tools, processes, and systems are in place to meet the requirements of the business and contribute to the achievement of the short and long-term goals of the company.
- Manage and provide oversight for the implementation of any strategy or plan that management decides on.
- Ensure development, implementation, and maintenance of all policies related to operations including; procurement, distribution, and asset management.
- Leading the marketing and merchandising teams to create a wide array of distributors, and retailers and implement a seamless distribution network to achieve the daily and monthly sales target of the company on every product.
- Production planning, Material planning, and machinery utilization planning and maintenance are executed, supervised, or reviewed by him.
- Production monitoring and follow-up day-to-day production from each line and ensuring that production units meet the production target.
- Training staff to produce high-quality bakery items while following proper food handling procedures.
- Quality of the finished product: Inspect bakery items to ensure that established standards on quality, uniformity, and aesthetic appeal are met.
- Ensures smooth flow of information and material from one department to another. He resolves inter-departmental issues if there is any.
- Assist and perform other related duties as required.
- Must be willing to relocate to any location where the company has an outlet (Kaduna, Zaria, Abuja, and Ilorin) in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CVs to: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as the subject of the email.