The Position of Business Development Manager / Ecommerce Growth Strategist at Skynet Worldwide Express
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: N/A
- Experience: 5 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
- Salary Range: ₦200,000 – ₦300,000/month
COMPANY BRIEF INTRODUCTION
Our subsidiary company, SkyShop is an eCommerce company with two classic services:
- A shipping concierge where we provide shipping solutions to online shoppers from Nigeria to enable them to shop in UK, USA, and China in all the stores without restrictions and save by paying one international shipment charge for all their packages.
- Skyshop also owns a complete online store named Habadukkan.ng where Turkish products, mostly fashion products are sold to Nigerians at affordable prices.
We are seeking to hire a well-experienced and high-performing Business Development Manager/Growth Strategist with strong eCommerce background.
The Business Development Manager (BDM), is a customer-facing role responsible for strategy development, growth, account management, delivery, and implementation of the sales and marketing plans. This role reports directly to the Executive Director.
This individual will be instrumental in managing the registration of customers/users, assortment, sales, promotions, analysis, and support.
He will be responsible to supervise all Marketing staff (Digital), operations and other support staff.
The BDM must exercise outstanding communication and organizational skills plus the ability to develop, coordinate, communicate, and implement complex sales and marketing plans for the accounts. This individual must be able to identify untapped businesses and establish internal and external relationships to deliver on these opportunities. The successful candidate will be able to establish positive relationships and communication with the Digital marketing team, and customer team, including merchants and their teams.
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- Work with Customer Service, Logistics, Digital Marketing, and finance to manage the day-to-day business of the accounts. This includes sales, shipments, inventory, customer requests, in-season opportunities, and end-of-season analysis
- Work as a member of a cross-functional team of Developers, Product Managers, Privacy, Legal, Go-To-Market, and Marketing team members to define, sustain, and deliver a portfolio of E-Commerce needs, features, and solutions.
- Demonstrated success in exceeding sales targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach
- Work cross-functionally to prepare programs ensuring the distribution of all the company’s products as well as impactful promotional and feature plans with appropriate media and advertising.
- Oversee all content creation activities for the Ecommerce website.
- Work closely with the marketing team to devise a web content strategy that aligns with the company’s wider goals.
- Create a content marketing calendar to ensure regular content on the website throughout the year.
- Manage accounts to exceed sales goals and aggressively identify new business opportunities
- Drive the development of creative and innovative business solutions
- Project management: Example market share report out, Pre-season activities, and process improvements
- Collaborate with the Content and Merchandising team to support online catalogs while meeting the customer requirements
- Recommend product orders to assure sufficient product inventory to meet sales demand.
- Participate in the company’s internal sales + marketing meetings
- Develop and implement strategic online and offline marketing plans/programs to increase sales
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or other relevant discipline required
- E-Commerce experience required
- Must be social media savvy.
- Digital selling and marketing skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales/account management experience.
- Customer Systems/Portal experience preferred
- Ability to analyze category and product trends and translate them to executable strategies.
- Project management skills are required, along with advanced communication and presentation skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Ability to learn and manage customer portals and systems
- Creativity and ability to generate excellent marketing content.
JOBS BY SAME EMPLOYER; Digital Marketing Manager at Skynet Worldwide Express
- This individual should be adept at managing the annual “sales cycle”
- Thorough knowledge of retail E-Commerce activities, including promotions, financials, and operations
- Thorough knowledge of online retailer policies/procedures
- Thorough knowledge in digital marketing, such as developing and implementing advertising programs and merchandising tactics
Remuneration: 200,000 to 250,000 Naira/ Month