Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation.
IT System Administrator (m/f/x)
Integrated within the headquarters ICT unit, the IT System Administrator will support his colleagues in the administration, maintenance, and support of the ICT infrastructure, including but not limited to network maintenance and troubleshooting, server administration, Windows domain administration, communication systems administration, storage administration, printing support, backup administration and network security administration. The Infrastructure team also provides 2nd level support to the Service Desk.
· Network administration (VPN, Hub-Spoke, Routing, Switching) , maintenance, support, and documentation
· Cloud deployment in Azure environment, basically IaaS environment
· Security administration and improvement
· General systems monitoring and documentation
· Server administration (related to most common roles in Microsoft) and maintenance
· Backup and restore administration
· 2nd/3rd level support
· Implementation of recent technologies in the various technical domains covered
· Support in the definition of strategies, projects, infrastructure design and operating procedures.
· Experience with Cloud infrastructure, mainly Microsoft Azure, Migration from on-prem infrastructure to cloud.
· Experience in Virtualization: VMware, Hyper-V
· Experience in Networking, deep knowledge for network protocols, QoS optimization and performance monitoring, troubleshooting and monitoring tools (Fortinet firewalls, HPE Switches, Cisco wireless solutions)
· Experience in Backup systems and storage systems (Veeam, Synology, HP 3PAR) is an asset.
· Microsoft 365 administration is a strong asset
· Experience with Configuration Manager/Intune is a strong asset.
· Experience in VoIP (Asterisk), Video Conferencing setup (Barco-Clickshare, Crestron) is an asset
· You are familiar with Windows Server administration (AD, DC, DNS, GPO…)
· Solid knowledge in Linux operating system, proxy servers, web servers, load balancers as a software
· Knowledge of current devops tools (GitHub, Ansible…)
· Some experience with Infrastructure as a Code and Docker is an asset.
· Experience with database administration is an asset (PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, MySQL, …)
· Team player, autonomous, you are passionate about technology, and like to address complex technical challenges
· You can adapt to recent technologies, eager to learn and a strong troubleshooter
· You are flexible to implement changes while reducing the impact on the activity of our users; working occasionally out of office hours is not an issue.
· You want to keep learning; you are open to share your ideas, knowledge, and experience
Education and experience:
· Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related fields, or equivalent by demonstrated experience.
· Initial experience of at least 3 years in network administration and support or ICT infrastructure project implementation.
· Experience with MSF or other NGO’s in similar contexts will be an advantage.
· Languages: good command of English, French is an asset
· Expected starting date: early February 2022
· Contract type: Open-ended contract (CDI) – full time
· Location: based in Brussels
· Salary according to MSF-OCB HQ grid – Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Pension Plan – 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
· Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
· Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
Deadline for applications: 02/01/2022