The Caseworker assists refugees and other qualified immigrants to ensure the best possible resettlement experience and the achievement of self-sufficiency and integration. The Caseworker develops self-sufficiency or task plans to match individual client needs and preferences utilizing a broad range of financial, medical, social, vocational, and other services and resources based on client eligibility. Within the integrative services program, the Caseworker works with a variety of clients including asylees and refugees needing further adjustment beyond their initial resettlement period.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Provide specialized case management services to eligible clients, including developing self-sufficiency strategies, supervising progress, and providing support to clients by addressing housing, health, education, financial assistance, legal issues, and other needs which may emerge.
· Assist in triaging immediate needs of clients, providing single services as needed such as benefit applications, renewals, green card referrals, IOM loan servicing and other needed supports.
· Maintain accurate and up-to date case files and records for all assigned clients ensuring compliance with program requirements along with documenting all services provided.
· Ensure that clients are provided the basic tools necessary to meet their established short-term goals and objectives, connecting clients to resources, and referring to partner programs both internal and external to IRC.
· Assess and monitor client progress at regular intervals to ensure progress on goals along with program compliance and maximizing designated resources.
· Travel regularly throughout the service delivery area (home visits, agency visits, service provider visits etc).
· Work alongside clients from a trauma informed and culturally sensitive approach to case management enabling agency for the client and ensuring inclusivity of all case members regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, religion, and any other social identification of the client.
· Participate in all program meetings, staff development activities, and fully engage as a member of the Integrative Service team and the larger IRC Phoenix and IRC network.
· Follow all IRC policies, procedures and protocols including adherence to the IRC Way and Child Safeguarding, Sexual Harassment policies.
· Other related duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Integrative Caseworker**
Indirect Reporting: Integrative Services Supervisor
Other Internal and/or external contacts:**
Internal: IRC Staff, interns and volunteers
External: Position helps coordinate services and is responsible for maintaining relationships with appropriate vendors and community partners
· Undergraduate degree preferred, ideally in Social Work or an equivalent field of study.
· Demonstrated relevant work experience (in addition to the above) in human services field; preferably in a non-profit or social services agency environment.
· Experience should include a minimum of 2 years providing direct service to underserved communities with experience working with refugee populations preferred.
· Lived experience as refugee or immigrant. In lieu of lived experience, experience working with refugees and/or immigrants; cross-cultural or overseas experience accepted.
· Proficiency in written and spoken English, bilingual ability preferred in Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Farsi/ Dari, Pashto, Arabic, French, Spanish or other refugee/immigrant language used in Arizona. Cross-cultural understanding and strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Computer proficiency with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook). Proven experience in web-based data entry systems, with both data extraction and design preferred.
· Highly organized self-starter with proven success prioritizing multiple tasks, making critical decisions, and delivering results in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
· Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
· Flexibility with demonstrated ability to maintain responsibility for multiple tasks in the context of a diverse, fast-paced work environment.
· Strategic, creative, problem solver capable of working well independently and as a part of a team.
· Must have a valid driver’s license, active insurance policy, access to reliable transportation and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area for home visits.
· In accordance with Arizona State Law, must possess or be eligible to receive a fingerprint clearance card.
· Current remote work. Standard office work environment combined with travel throughout service delivery area.
· This position is based out of Phoenix, AZ. Travel for the provision of resettlement services can range up to a 50 mile radius along with driving a 15 passenger van.
· Ability to lift 35 lbs to 50 lbs to assist with provision of food and moving for clients.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.**
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.**
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.**