Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an Information Officer position on an anticipated USAID-funded Regional Disaster Assistance Program (RDAP) in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). RDAP’s primary objective is to build disaster management and risk reduction capacity to improve the ability of host nations and regional entities to effectively respond to disasters, reducing the human consequences of disasters and the need for U.S. government assistance. In LAC, USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) office provides support to risk management programs through its regional office in San Jose, Costa Rica.
Information Officers produce a wide range of public and internal information products and will work closely with the project team and lead or support the development of informational products such as disaster field notes, fact sheets, videos, blogs, social media content, infographics, success stories, pamphlets, a monthly newsletter, after-action reports following disasters, workshop and training reports and technical guides. Duties include but are not limited to:
*Collect, synthesize, and analyze information pertaining to humanitarian emergencies and response efforts, and draft, edit, appropriately format, and disseminate a wide range of internal and external information for the LAC region.
* Attend meetings in the LAC region and collaborate closely with a range of stakeholders, including USAID/BHA/LAC staff and counterparts from other USG agencies, the UN, and NGOs.
* Gather information for or participate in field assessments, meetings, and site visits.
* Prepare field notes, meeting notes, newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, and other correspondence as requested.
*Deliver trainings for best practices in reporting and information management.
* Bachelor’s in communications, journalism or related field required. Master’s degree preferred
* Two to four (2-4) years of work experience in communications for USAID-funded projects. Latin America and/or Caribbean experience preferred.
* Demonstrated knowledge of humanitarian issues, including creating communication campaigns for international development, disaster preparedness and/or humanitarian assistance programs preferred;
* Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish;
* Professional fluency in English and Spanish required. Full fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to work well with others and meet deadlines in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
How to apply To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/IO-RDAP
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and if noted above, any additional requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.