Position Title Information Management Assistant Classification,
Position Grade General Staff, Grade G4
Duty Station Jordan, Amman
Type of Appointment One Year Fixed Term contract with possibility of extension
Date of Issue 21 Nov 2021
Closure Date 05 Dec 2021
Vacancy No. JOR/057/2021
Organizational Unit Information Management and Technology Unit
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Context and Scope
Under the direct supervision of the Information Management Officer, and overall supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for implementing the activities related to information management and reporting required by IOM programmes. Specifically, the incumbent is expected to perform the following functions:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Participate in planning, designing and developing in-house applications for various IOM programmes including but not limited to the following: software design, writing source code, control of source code, reviewing code, configuration management, change management, program testing, integration of the software, and release management process.
• Create and design reports in a clear and concise format from IOM databases using PowerBI, MS Reporting Services, MS Access, and/or other reporting tools using multiple database sources in support of the mission and its programmatic needs.
• Provide Tier-1 end user support to IOM database applications and its reporting components conducting user training as needed. • Provide testing and quality assurance support for applications implemented in IOM Amman
• Participate on development and configuration of SharePoint site, list and workflow.
• Maintain and ensure confidentiality of data in accordance with IOM Data protection rules and principles as guided by the IOM standards of conduct; and
• Perform other duties as required. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
• University degree in computer science or a combination of relevant education and professional experience. OR Diploma/Secondary school education supplemented by courses in related fields, with four years of relevant professional
• Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage. Experience
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in working with SQL server environments using SQL Reporting
. • Supplemental courses/technical certificate in information technology or other related field; Supplemental training to keep abreast of changes in information technology; and
• Experience working with specialized international agencies (UN Agencies, International Organisations, and International NGOs) and in complex operations, including conflict and postconflict situations preferred.Z
• Knowledge on software development, particularly the use of C# and .Net Framework
• Knowledge and experience on Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or higher, PowerBI, SQL Reports Server, and MS Access. Experience in using SSMS.
• Knowledge and experience on SharePoint development.
• Knowledge of Microsoft domain server environments. Languages: Fluency in English and Arabic oral & written is required Required Competencies
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
• The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
• Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances