The ICM Caseworker provides comprehensive, culturally appropriate client-centered case management services for program participants, including completing intakes, assessments, developing service plans, educating about community services and resources and helping problem solve barriers to assist clients with reaching self-sufficiency in all applicable areas of vulnerability by the end of their program enrollment. This position is also responsible for assisting with administrative tasks including data collection, coordinating trainings, and outreach to mainstream service providers, and writing reports and exception requests.
· Conduct outreach to case management staff, refugee-serving agencies, ethnic community-based organizations, and others to inform service providers and refugees of programs and services.
· Complete intakes and assessments for all eligible Program participants.
· Develop a service plan for each Program participant.
· Participate in services with the IRC Preferred Communities Program Officer and the ICM Network to discuss program trends, data collection, and monitoring and reporting updates and requirements.
· Coordinate services as part of the greater IRC in Phoenix team including Resettlement programming, Survivors of Torture, Victims of Crime Advocacy, Anti-Trafficking, Asylum-Seeking Families, and Therapeutic Services.
· Provide comprehensive case management services, including assisting with benefits applications, Social Security benefits, medical care, behavioral health care, guardianship, legal services, and victim services as appropriate for ICM clients.
· Assist participants to establish contact and receive support from services in the community based on their service plan.
· Ensure all clients receive linguistically and culturally appropriate services through ongoing outreach and advocacy with service providers.
· Complete case notes in a thorough and timely fashion.
· Assist with the preparation of donor funding reports and new funding proposals.
· Participate in all program meetings, staff development activities, and fully engage as a member of the team.
· Follow all policies, procedures, and protocols of the agency.
· Other related duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Sr. Health Services Caseworker; indirect reporting to Integration Services Supervisor
Other Internal and/or external contacts: The ICM Caseworker will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships within the IRC ICM network and external relations with social service agencies, resettlement agencies, and government entities to expand the role of IRC ICM programs
Internal: IRC ICM network
External: Arizona’s refugee resettlement program, government agencies, social service agencies, community education presentations, community outreach
· Undergraduate degree in Human Services or similar field strongly preferred; comparable related work experience may be substituted.
· 2+ years of case management experience in a social services environment.
· Proficiency in written and spoken English; bilingual ability in a prominent client language preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently.
· Strong problem-solving skills.
· Experience working in a multicultural environment.
· Ability to manage time effectively.
· Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office and use of databases.
· Ability and willingness to drive 15 passenger van.
· Must have a valid driver’s license, active insurance policy, and access to reliable personal transportation.
· A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
· May require weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.**
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.**
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.**
IRC- leading the way from harm to home
Please apply at http://www.rescue.org/careers