· Ensure smooth implementation of the grant disbursement process, receipt generation, grant application review and proper filing after disbursements have been completed for the assigned projects.
· Actively participate as part of the grant disbursement team
· Provide support to project managers in preparing grant disbursement documentation and supporting in the development of disbursement schedule
· Identify tools, resources, and best practices to help improve the project implementation
· Field staff activities and workshops facilitation
· Managing transport stipends, airtime and bi- weekly expenses for the assigned projects
General Finance 15% · Monitor project’s operating expenditures as they compare to the annual budget
· Prepare proper documentation for payments and file accordingly
· Prepare US wire requests for the projects’ operations
· Undertake other financial and administrative tasks when necessary
· Coordinate preparations for bi-weeklies and other office functions / activities
Compliance & Safeguarding 15% · Supporting procurement processes as per the policy and ensuring that all documentation is provided
· Responsible for ensuring VE accounting policies are stringently followed and educating staff on these policies as required.
· Regular follow ups and provide support in developing mechanisms to ensure that advances have been issued and accounted within the required timelines and as per the policy.
· Safeguarding: Participate in the planning of the safeguarding visits for F&A staff once every quarter and also facilitate at least one safeguarding visit per quarter.
Net Suite 15% · Entering daily transactions & uploading supporting documents and monthly reviews and assist with reconciliations
· Perform monthly reviews of all Netsuite transactions you have entered and make any required corrections prior to the closing of the books
· Provide the appropriate financial information as requested by the staff.
· Preparation of monthly project allocations
Reporting 10% · Perform reconciliations as designated by the F&A Manager
· Preparing monthly Budget vs Actual reports and presenting to the management.
Audits 10% · Take a lead role in supporting the internal and external auditing processes
· Ensure the audit documents requested are available in the allotted time
· Once the audit is completed support in ensure that all documents are correctly refiled
· Report any financial issues to the Finance Manager immediately
Administration 10% · Support the procurement process, certifying that VE is getting the best value for money on all related purchases
· Monitor the Field Bills Calendar and ensure that all project’s bills/invoices are paid on time
· Responsible for the proper supporting documents being attached to all payments and filed accordingly (invoices, PVs, budgets, e.t.c.)
· Tracking of projects’ equipment and documentation once it leaves the office
· Manage and update the East Africa Asset Listing document
· Support the proper maintenance of upkeep of office equipment
For appointment to this position a candidate must have:
· Part II of CPA (U) or its approved equivalent qualification OR a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Commerce or any other relevant equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
· Proficiency in computer applications; practical knowledge in the use of Accounting based Applications like Net-suite is A MUST. All candidates will be required to undergo this test.
· Served in a comparable and relevant position for a minimum period of two (2) years in a busy organization.
· Demonstrated merit and ability in work performance and results
Excellent record of integrity and professionalism