Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an Environment and Natural Resources (ENR) Staff Associate.
The ENR sector leads the firm’s international work in biodiversity conservation, climate adaptation and resilience, sustainable landscapes and forest management, community based natural resource management, fisheries and coastal zone management, and combating wildlife trafficking.
This position will be based in the Tetra Tech ID Burlington, VT or Arlington, VA office with consideration of remote, US-based locations.
* Support all aspects of project management and contract compliance from start up to close out, as well as client communications; and
* Contribute to strategies for sustainable natural resource management that integrate economic growth and governance;
* Contribute to marketing activities and new business development, including conducting scoping trips, identifying new partners and/or clients, and innovative ways to development challenges
* Assist in proposal preparation: technical approach, staff identification, work plan, partner liaising, and budget development, among others
* Provide technical assistance either for short-term international assignments or in a home office advisory capacity
* Contribute to strategies for sustainable natural resource management that integrate economic growth and governance.
* Master’s Degree in forestry, environmental sciences, natural resource management, climate change, international relations, business or other related field
* At least 3-5 years of relevant professional experience including work overseas with strong client, supervisor, and peer recommendations
* Proven excellence in a natural resources management or related field (e.g., forestry, biodiversity conservation, watershed management, geography, community based natural resources management, anthropology/sociology, property rights, human rights, resource economics, climate change adaptation, environmental compliance and management);
* Demonstrated project management and administration abilities, preferably on USAID contracts or cooperative agreements
* Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, cross cultural teams – in the Home Office and the field – with strong written, oral, and presentation skills
* Functional competence in either French or Spanish
* Must be comfortable working on concurrent projects and activities with poise and professionalism
* Availability for 25-40% international travel.
*Ability to work in the US without employer sponsorship.
How to apply To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/ENS_HomeOffice
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.